Google - Front End Software Engineer (Special Projects) - Mountain View
|Location:||United States of America|
This position is based in Mountain View, CA or San Francisco, CA.
The area: Engineering
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
The role: Front End Software Engineer (Special Projects)
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies which have changed how millions interact, making accessible and useful the world's information. Our ambitions reach far beyond just Search To handle information at the the scale of the web requires ideas from every areas of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you work on small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
We are seeking a Front End Engineer for client development with mobile devices and the web. Project incorporates augmented reality mapping, geo-location, and real-time interaction. Come join our small, fast-moving team based in San Francisco and Mountain View!
* Incorporate augmented reality mapping, geo-location and real time interaction.
* BS in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
* Significant development experience in C, C or Java.
* Experience with AJAX, HTML and CSS, with an interest in user interface design.
* Web application development experience.Mobile experience, especially for Android
* Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
* Significant experience developing user-facing software.
* Experience working on cross-browser platforms.
* Knowledge of user interface frameworks such as XUL, Flex and XAML.
* Proficiency with Google App Engine.
Share this job via Linkedin