Cantonese Speaking Sports Editor and Translator
Location - Manchester
Job Ref: NH013000
Contract: Fixed Term (6 months)
Salary – 16-20K p.a. depending on experience
Language Recruitment Services (LRS) is currently recruiting for qualified translators to join their client at their office headquarters based in Manchester. You will be translating written and spoken material and working closely with Content Producers. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to a globally expanding organisation and to expand your skills. This is an initial six month contract including some work from home.
• Responsible for transcribing and translating content from English into Chinese Cantonese
• Ensuring that final language versions fit the correct cultural context
• Striving to maintain the original content and style of the source language in the target language
• Ensuring that final versions are well within the client’s branding and style guidelines
• Entering finalised content into the Content Management System
• Updating content on Social Media Sites, mobile applications, mobile VAS
• Ensuring all SEO fields, Metadata, Keywords and description are entered currently onto databases
• Website moderation
• Maintaining excellent attention to detail when entering content onto various systems and sticking to the content guidelines at all times.
• Mother tongue level Chinese Cantonese both written and spoken
• Knowledge of digital media/social media of the Chinese Cantonese speaking market
• Experience of translations from English into Thai OR a Degree in Translation Studies is essential.
The successful candidates will be required to work 37.5 hours per week (flexibility with shifts is also necessary)
Please send your CV in word format to the email address quoted, other formats will not be accepted
Thank you for applying to Language Recruitment Services, the Specialists in Language Recruitment.
Applications can only be accepted from individuals who are eligible to work in the UK
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us immediately. Should your skills and qualifications be suitable for the position applied for (or similar positions), we will contact you as soon as possible. In the event there are no positions currently available that match your skills and qualifications, we may hold your details on our database and contact you in the future should a suitable vacancy arise.
LRS is an Equal Opportunities Employer