Apple - Dutch speaking Technical Support Engineer
|Location:||Cork - South-West, Ireland, Cork|
Works in the AppleCare Enterprise Services (ACES) Technical Support group.
Senior technical contact providing advanced technical assistance via telephone, e-mail, and occasional on-site visits to ACES Enterprise customers deploying solutions based on Apple products. Provides solutions to technical problems for system administrators deploying, managing, and integrating server platforms, or networks based on Apple iOS, OS X and OS X Server products.
•Ability to gather information and solve complex problems.
•Willingness to work with team members asking and answering questions
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience.
•Excellent Enterprise level customer-facing interface skills.
•Excellent English and Fluent Dutch is required
Assists in the creation and maintenance of technical resource documents and other operational duties within the department. Acts as technical mentor for staff within Apple. Occasional (scheduled) domestic and international travel, after-hours, weekend, and on call duty rotation. Act as a resource to provide guidance and support to customers for complex technical issues and ensure rapid identification of emerging issues. Reporting of technical issues and feedback to Engineering teams via bug tracking tools. Assist customers in verifying fixes in pre-release software and report feedback/results back to Engineering. Assist in product readiness process as appropriate.
Seeking experience with:
- Integrating Apple OS X and/or iOS clients into third-party environments
- Managing OS X integration with Active Directory, third party LDAPv3 or NIS systems
- Managing OS X or iOS with wireless and Exchange Server
- Managing OS X and/or iOS with MDM / DEP / VPP
- Knowledge of wired and wireless network configuration and troubleshooting (802.1X)
- Advanced UNIX command line including Shell and Python scripting, backup and restore operations
- Xsan and Fibre Channel experience a plus